hire seo specialist – What Does Web Site Visibility Mean?
Without website visibility neither humans searching on the internet nor the search engine crawlers will be able to discover your important published content. Companies need to take some specific proactive actions to make their online content accessible and get it noticed. Optimizing web visibility is one SEO practice that is recommended and encouraged in Google best SEO practices recommendations because it helps contribute to building a better web site that engages visitors and improves their experience.
On the flip side, pay attention to the practices that lead to poor web site visibility. The topic of increasing website visibility refers to working with all different types of web documents whether it’s an entire website, a singular web page, press release, blog post, published pdf. file, or social media content etc. Web site visibility has a lot to do with linking practices, web document interlinking, and how the links between web documents are constructed. Equally relevant is how the web content on pages is organized, highlighted, promoted, and focused upon. The hyperlinks pointing towards or leading out of any particular document will drive relevance or link juice from one page to another to the target page. Establishing website content visibility is a fundamental and critical skill set for SEO consultants.
Positive Factors to Increase Web Site Visibility
- Good internal linking practices on web sites improve search ability.
- Use Absolute links versus relative links, although this is still being debated by online marketers.
- Site publishing platforms that conform to W3c compliant html coding practices (eg. – WordPress which uses tags, categories, and tag clouds for added visibility) are preferred and beneficial.
- Write well-constructed pages breaking your content into prioritized sections and include graphics or images.
- The most important content should be placed ‘above the fold’ near the top of the web page. Add weighting factors or attributes to highlight it such as bolding, italics, different type fact fonts, larger fonts etc, or header tags.
- Create interesting, friendly looking, and descriptive title tags and description metatags which can lead to higher click through rates in search engine results pages listings (SERPS).
- Well-designed call-to-action steps help guide website visitors to the sales pages areas of your website.
- Avoid duplicate content penalties or page demotions by keeping title tags unique between web documents.
- Proper use of site maps, such as having an html site map plus submitting an XML sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools opens up existing and new content to search engines. (Some site map software programs automatically ping search engines with when new documents are published.)
- Implement the recommendations from an SEO Expert regarding search engine optimization best practices which follow dozens of sound principles on creating a better website.
- At a minimum, implement some top social media accounts such as Google +, Facebook.com, Twitter.com, and LinkedIn to create new opportunities for connecting.
- Implement Google authoring markup to claim your articles written and posted on other sites.
- Add clear call-to-action steps that motivate the visitor with attractive images or site graphics.
- Contact a link building specialist to create some inbound links to your website home page, and internal web pages which is referred to as deep linking.
- Submit to quality web directories only, such as Business.com, BOTW.com. Also submit to high authority niche directories specifically for your industry or competitive field, and city directories.
- Create compelling content so other people will naturally link to your site.
- Use social media sharing buttons or badges.
- If you sell locally, take advantage of Google maps and Google places (transitioning to Google+ Local) to get listed in the 7-Pack local search results.
- Publish rich content with an elevated level of sophistication that goes deep into the subject matter matched with bullet points for readability.
- Keep your content fresh and updated regularly to keep the search engine crawlers coming back for more.
- Submit your content to RSS feed directories.
- Implement Google analytics to see what’s getting noticed and successfully promoted.
- Pay close attention to momentum on specific keyword groups and then build upon that momentum which is easier than creating fresh momentum.
- Take advantage of web siloing methodology by grouping content into sections and then proceed with interlinking from within that section, which can lead to earning Google site links.
- Use mobile marketing and SMS advertising to attract mobile searchers.
- Publish a robots.txt file to invite search engines to specific content and block out restricted content that you don’t want found.
- If your web site is new, it makes sense to use paid search advertising as a solution until your organic rankings begin accumulating. Make sure the clicks go to a professional landing page.
- If you already have good traffic, use conversion rate optimization to make sure people are directed correctly and intelligently.
- Be consistent with your publishing of new content, both on-site and off-site.
- Create and post some videos on YouTube.com and optimize the surrounding text and title.
What Contributes to Poor Web Visibility?
- Having zero inbound links leading to your site leads to poor search engine visibility.
- Avoid poor incoming link practices such as from bad neighborhood directories with no authority or extreme minimal actual daily traffic.
- Don’t participate in linking schemes that falsely promote your content.
- Complex navigation bars or widgets that are nearly impossible for humans to navigate without getting lost can lead to lost traffic.
- Cases where a site or page experiences site downtime due to a crowded server or server downtime resulting from being in a bad neighborhood of bad website neighbors on the server should be corrected.
- Having inbound links leading in from pages with no contextual relevance to the target page’s content.
Taken as a whole these items are very important for creating and establishing a highly visible web site.